Who Are We?
The Vietnamese Eucharistic Youth Movement is a non-profit organization, under the leadership of the Catholic Church. Its aim is to teach youths to be virtuous people and good Christians. It also offers apostolate services for the youth. Throughout its years of service, the Movement has kept pace with social and cultural changes of the day in an attempt to reach out to the youth of all times.
The Eucharistic Youth Movement has two general purposes:
- To educate and train youths in becoming a better person as well as an excellent Christian
- To organize and to guide all youths in spreading the Good News of the Gospel and to actively be involved in working for the good of society through charitable services and helping others.
The Eucharistic Youth Movement utilizes God's Word in the Scriptures and the teaching of the Catholic Church as the basis for educating and guiding the youth in its activities.
Eucharistic Youth Movement accepts the Eucharistic Jesus Christ as its focal point, as source of spiritual life, and as ideal for the life of its members.
- Live God’s Word and be united with the Eucharistic Christ through Prayer, Communion, Sacrifice, and Apostolic Work under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, particularly apostolic work by the youth: “The youth must do apostolic work first and directly to the youth” (Decree Lay Apostolicity, no. 12)
- Love and honor the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of the Savior, so that through Our Mother, we receive Christ and take Christ into our lives in a perfect way.
- Honor the Vietnamese Martyrs; follow their examples to become witnesses for the Good News of Christ.
- Love and obey the representative of Christ, the Pope, who is the leader of the Eucharistic Youth, and at the same time pray and implement the monthly wishes of the Holy Father.
- Improve humanity; protect and develop Vietnamese traditions and culture.
Our 10 Vows
- As Eucharistic Youths, we offer our days each morning and enrich our lives with prayers.
- As Eucharistic Youths, we worship and receive the Eucharist, and visit regularly at the tabernacle.
- As Eucharistic Youths, we make sacrifices and find joy in carrying the Cross of Christ.
- As Eucharistic Youths, we depend on Mary’s intercession, and determine to be models worthy of Christ’s apostles.
- As Eucharistic Youths, we perform tasks of all sizes in the spirit of obedience, and do so with excellence.
- As Eucharistic Youths, we remain pure in our thoughts, words and actions.
- As Eucharistic Youths, we act with charity, and our generous hearts are always willing to help others.
- As Eucharistic Youths, we value honesty and gain the trust of people through our words and deeds.
- As Eucharistic Youths, we fulfill our responsibilities, regardless of the difficulty.
- As Eucharistic Youths, we partake in the spiritual bouquet, record each night and tally each week.
Leagues of Chapters
The Vietnamese Eucharistic Youth Movement in the USA consists of 11 Leagues of Chapters.
Liên Đoàn Phaolô Hạnh
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New York
- Rhode Island
Liên Đoàn Đaminh Saviô
- Washington D.C.
- West Virginia
Liên Đoàn John Paul II
Liên Đoàn Joan of Arc
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
Liên Đoàn Biển Đức
- New Mexico
Liên Đoàn Ignatius Loyola
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
- Washington State
Liên Đoàn Holy Family
- Bakersfield, California
- Fresno, California
- Oakland, California
- San Jose, California
- Sacramento, California
- San Francisco, California
Liên Đoàn Nguồn Sống
- Orange County, California
Liên Đoàn Ra Khơi
- Los Angeles, California
- Las Vegas, Nevada
Liên Đoàn San Diego
- San Diego, California
Liên Đoàn Sinai
- Riverside, California
- San Bernadino, California