April 15, 2019
- POPE'S PRAYER INTENTIONS - APRIL 2019
- LENTEN JOURNEY - HOLY WEEK
- TNTT HOLY LAND PILGRIMAGE DEADLINE EXTENDED
- LIVING THE EUCHARISTIC DAY PRAYER CARD & HANDBOOK
- COMING TO THE PROMISED LAND 7 - SEE YOU IN NEW MEXICO!!!
- 2019 BYLAWS!!!
- VEYM HEROES INITIATIVE
- SIGNING UP FOR VEYM EMAIL ACCOUNT
- NATIONAL CATHOLIC YOUTH CONFERENCE 2019
- VEYM BENCHMARK ASSESSMENT E-DELIVERY TELECONFERENCE
- REMINDER! MEMBERSHIP DUES - SUBMIT YOURS TODAY!
- IMPORTANT - TRAINING CAMP SEASON 2019
- MISC NEWS!
- OUTSTANDING YOUTH OF THE YEAR - ĐOÀN TNTT LÊ BẢO TỊNH - ATL
- COME and SEE - Most Holy Redeemer
- COME and SEE - Lovers of the Holy Cross
- PRAY FOR DEPARTED SOUL
- 2019 CALENDAR OF EVENTS
- -- FOUR YEAR AGENDA --
- TRAINING CAMPS 2019
- COMING SOON TO FUTURE TNTT BI-WEEKLY...
POPE'S PRAYER INTENTIONS - APRIL 2019
LENTEN JOURNEY - HOLY WEEK
TNTT HOLY LAND PILGRIMAGE DEADLINE EXTENDED
This could be your experience this summer. Don't miss out the opportunity to engage with EYM/TNTT members from over 40 countries around the world at the Vatican with Pope Francis. All are invited to join in this 175th grand celebration of the founding of the Pope's Worldwide Prayer Network (formally known as the Apostleship of Prayer), in which the Eucharistic Youth Movement is a branch of. Join us!
Holy Land Pilgrimage to include the private audience with the Holy Father.https://bit.ly/2C1EFz4(DEADLINE APRIL 15TH)
EYM/TNTT audience with His Holiness, Pope Francis - FREE
https://events.veym.net/…/private-audience-with-pope-francis (DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MAY 15TH)
Questions? Contact email@example.com
LIVING THE EUCHARISTIC DAY PRAYER CARD & HANDBOOK
COMING TO THE PROMISED LAND 7 - SEE YOU IN NEW MEXICO!!!
VEYM HEROES INITIATIVE
Dearest League of Chapters Presidents,
In alignment with our mission to be good Catholics and contributing citizens in building a better society, the National Executive Committee is thrilled to launch the VEYM Heroes Initiative. This project aims to mobilize and empower VEYM Chapters across the country to answer the call of discipleship and journey beyond their parish walls to help the marginalized encounter Christ through charitable and apostolic works.
Please review the attachments and share widely.
SIGNING UP FOR VEYM EMAIL ACCOUNT
We're excited to announce the general availability of signing up for a VEYM account (@veym.net). Your VEYM account is your single identity moving forward. This account will be used to sign into many of VEYM's online services. Please send VEYM/TNTT related emails from your VEYM account as well for data privacy and security reasons. Treat it as any other work or school email. We know we know... another email?? Don't worry the transition is seamless and we're here :to help you be successful with your account and all the benefits that it comes with!
You will have the ability to access the VEYM inbox, Microsoft Office 365, OneDrive, Skype for Business, and many more! You can access them by going to www.office.com. Many of these applications also have a mobile version. Just search the Google Play Store or Apple App Store for them, especially for Outlook and Teams. They are convenient and powerful tools to have at your hands, especially in your service to VEYM.
You can sign up at https://signup.veym.net. Please DO NOT sign up again if you already have an account. You will receive more info after you sign up.
Additionally, our new technical support portal is available. You can visit https://support.veym.net for constantly updated "how-to" articles and solutions to common questions with your VEYM account and Office 365. You can also submit technical support tickets here and track the progress as well (as long as you're using your VEYM email).
The VEYM is grateful for the VEYM IT Team, which are many, for all the hard work that they've done over the past few months. Special acknowledgement to Tr. Vien M Hua (Ủy Viên Kỹ Thuật), Tr. Dao, Tr. Tommy, and Tr. Vinh whose hard work made all the above possible.
NATIONAL CATHOLIC YOUTH CONFERENCE 2019
The NCYC is a gathering of 25,000+ youth that is hosted by the National Federation of Catholic Youth Ministry. The conference takes place every two years, and includes workshops, prayer times, and many activities that will inspire and move youth in their faith journeys. NCYC’s goal is to help youth encounter Christ, experience church, and be empowered for discipleship.
In 2017, the Vietnamese Eucharistic Youth Movement (VEYM) was asked to participate in NCYC in a very special way – leading the conference opening procession, performing a cultural dance in the opening ceremony and serving in the opening prayer session. We had over 35 VEYM members from various Chapters in Liên Đoàn John Paul 2 and Liên Đoàn Joan of Arc, formally known as Miền Trung and Miền Đông Nam respectively, there to participate. It was an amazing opportunity for our youth to share their love for Christ with the young Church of America. Videos of their participation can be found here at https://youtu.be/xpo6FvT2IS8 and https://youtu.be/qtW0ET-KLFc.
The next NCYC is from November 21-23, 2019, in Indianapolis, Indiana. The event is open to 9th-12th graders, recent high school graduates, and their chaperones. NCYC is a great opportunity for our young Vietnamese Catholics to experience the universal Church outside of our own parishes. Therefore, all Chapters are encouraged to prayerfully consider attending the 2019 NCYC. Our strong attendance at NCYC also helps to promote the diversity of the Catholic Church in America, and we would be so excited to have you represent VEYM at a national event like this!
How to Register:
NCYC accepts and processes registrations by Diocesan delegation only. Therefore, any VEYM Chapters or that would like to coordinate your group to attend, must register through your local diocese delegation. Many dioceses are beginning to promote registration within their dioceses already. Because the travel distance is different for every delegation, cost to attend varies by diocese and typically includes travel, lodging and conference fee. There are also opportunities through the National Federation of Catholic Youth Ministers for youth scholarships.
If you are interested in taking a group from your Chapter or League, please contact Tr. Chi Pham Liz Chi Pham at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on scholarship and early-bird registration for NCYC is June. Tr. Chi will help get you connected to your diocesan delegation, keep you informed of scholarship opportunities, help us coordinate any specific VEYM activities while at NCYC, etc. Tr. Chi Pham will also be representing the VEYM and coordinating with all Chapters/League of Chapters in attendance.
At 1.02 seconds. VEYM/TNTT at the National Catholic Youth Conference (NCYC) in 2017. For more info on the next NCYC 2019, please see FB feed and speak with Tr. Liz Chi Pham. As of now, we have a delegation of 40 members representing the VEYM/TNTT.http://www.ncyc.info/
VEYM BENCHMARK ASSESSMENT E-DELIVERY TELECONFERENCE
REMINDER! MEMBERSHIP DUES - SUBMIT YOURS TODAY!
IMPORTANT - TRAINING CAMP SEASON 2019
Mùa huấn luyện sa mạc của chúng ta đã bắt đầu, xin thay mặt Ban Chấp Hành Trung Ương gởi đến quý Trưởng những đơn và thủ tục để hoàn tất phần phúc trình sa mạc. Thêm vào đó, để bảo vệ chúng ta và tránh những trường hợp dính liếu đến luật pháp, xin quý Trưởng lưu ý đến những điều sau:
BEFORE CAMP (Ban Tổ Chức & Sa Mạc Trưởng)
1. All camps must have liability insurance for the training camp hosted. Please contact Tr. Biên Nguyễn (VP Admin Affairs) at email@example.com if you require assistance in securing liability insurance.
2. All camp participants (Tuyên Úy, Trợ Úy, HLVs, HTs, Trợ Tá, and Sa Mạc Sinh) must be an official member of the VEYM. As such, all camp participants must have a valid membership ID number and Chapter is current with annual membership dues. Please contact Tr. Viễn Hứa (Ủy Viên Kỷ Thuật, BCHTU) at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance as needed.
3. All camp participants (Tuyên Úy, Trợ Úy, HLVs, HTs, Trợ Tá, Parents, Helpers, Guest Speakers, and Sa Mạc Sinh) must be 18 years or older, especially with Cấp 1, please ensure an ID verification process is in place to prevent minors from participating.
4. All camp participants (Tuyên Úy, Trợ Úy, HLVs, HTs, Trợ Tá, Parents, Helpers, Guest Speakers, and Sa Mạc Sinh) must sign the liability waiver form attached. Those needing clarification on the liability form, please provide ample time for participants to ask questions and receive adequate response.
5. All HLVs must have current HLV faculty status with HLV ID card in order to train at camp.
6. Send a copy of the camp agenda and roster of SMS to Ban Chấp Hành Trung Ương at email@example.com two(2) weeks before the start of the training camp.
DURING CAMP (Sa Mạc Trưởng/Ban Huấn Luyện)
Theo lời yêu cầu của Cha Tổng Tuyên Úy và Ban Chấp Hành Trung Ương, xin quý Trưởng thực tập và nhấn mạnh 2 điều sau:
1. Emphasize to all training camp participants that their training as a Youth Leader does not end after Cấp 1, but ongoing and at minimum, at the completion of Cấp 3 Lãnh Đạo, Tiberia. BCHTU will open more Tiberia as needed to accommodate the needs of Phong Trào. We have approximately 80 applicants this year, a true blessing.
2. Pray the Anima Christi after Communion during Mass to help các sa mạc sinh grow closer to Christ and be united with Him in His Passion. St. Alphonsus Liguori once wrote “there is no prayer more dear to God than that which is made after communion.” He continued that our loving thoughts and prayers after communion have greater merit then than otherwise “because they are then animated by the presence of Jesus Christ, who is united to our souls.” Please see attachment in both English and Vietnamese.
AFTER CAMP (Sa Mạc Trưởng/Ban Huấn Luyện)
1. Please complete the training camp report (to be completed by SMT) attached and send back to firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days after camp.
2. Please make available asap the link for Sa Mạc Sinh (only) to evaluate the camp immediately after the training camp: https://goo.gl/forms/rehzVzly2O4srOiJ3 (all camps will use the same link).
3. Please make available asap the link for Ban Huấn Luyện (only) to evaluate the Camp Master immediately after the training camp: https://goo.gl/forms/gBdZeMwTDGXmMQxG2(all camps will use the same link).
On behalf of the National Executive Committee (Ban Chấp Hành Trung Ương), thank you for your ongoing support, service and love to Phong Trào.
In His Love,
Đaminh Hoàng Công Thái Dương
President, National Executive Committee
Facebook: Veym-Usa Tntt
OUTSTANDING YOUTH OF THE YEAR - ĐOÀN TNTT LÊ BẢO TỊNH - ATL
Sharing a bit of good news from our HS. Congrats Ashley!!! Proud of you. She's with the new Archbishop of Washington! She was recognized during the Annual Recognition Day Mass at Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
COME and SEE - Most Holy Redeemer
COME and SEE - Lovers of the Holy Cross
PRAY FOR DEPARTED SOUL
The VEYM is truly sorry to hear of the loss of Phaolô Hoàng James, father of Tr. James Hoàng, LĐ San Diego, formerly known as Miền Tây Nam.
Please accept out condolences and may our prayers help comfort you and hasten the journey of Phaolô to Heaven. May Jesus in the Eucharist, through the intercession of Mary, have mercy on Phaolô and deliver Phaolô to His Heavenly Kingdom. Amen!
2019 CALENDAR OF EVENTS
-- FOUR YEAR AGENDA --
TRAINING CAMPS 2019
- CI 0245; Phêrô 14; Mar 14-17, 2019; Kerens, TX; MN/LDDMMC; SMT Đăng Ánh Tuyết; SMP Phan Thảo Hương; POC BTC Tr. Nhật Trần, email@example.com; TU Rev. Lê Thu
- CI 0240; Về Đất Hứa 23; March 15-17, 2019; Arcadia, CA - MTN/LDRK; SMT Pham Mạnh Cương; SMP Pham Montana; TU Rev. Pham Doan; BTC POC Tr. Montana Pham, firstname.lastname@example.org
- TT0070 | Samaritano 70 | Apr 26-28, 2019 | Lincoln, NE | MTR | SMT Đào Văn Đức | SMP Trần Lưu Thụy Mai | BTC POC Tr. Nghiệm Nguyễn, email@example.com | TU Rev. Trần Công Bằng, SVD
- TT0067; Samaritano 67; May 31-Jun 2, 2019; Goshen, MA; MDB/LDPH; SMT Hoàng Quốc Huy; SMP Phạm Thiên Anh; POC BTC Tr. Sam Trần, firstname.lastname@example.org; TU Rev. Phạm Ngọc Thi, SCJ
- CI 0241; Damas 22; May 30-Jun 2, 2019; Goshen, MA; MDB/LDPH; SMT Trần Ngọc Nhi Teresa; SMP Hồ Tân Uyên; POC BTC Tr. Sam Trần, email@example.com; TU Rev. Phạm Ngọc Thi, SCJ
- 2A 231; Lửa Thiêng 51; Jul 11-14, 2019; San Diego, CA; LDSD; SMT Đinh Ngọc Nga; SMP Trần Đăng Duy; POC BTC Tr. Trang Vu, firstname.lastname@example.org; TU Rev. Do Quang Minh
- TT0069; Samaritano 69; Jul 12-14, 2019; San Diego, CA; LDSD; SMT Đào Đức Khánh; SMP Vũ Khánh Trang; POC BTC Tr. Trang Vu, email@example.com; TU Rev. Do Quang Minh
- 2N 0132; Lửa Thiêng 52; Jul 11-14, 2019; San Diego, CA; LDSD; SMT Đào Đức Khánh; SMP Vũ Khánh Trang; POC BTC Tr. Trang Vu, firstname.lastname@example.org; TU Rev. Do Quang Minh
- CI 0243; Xuất Hành 64; Jul 11-14, 2019; Honolulu, HI; LD Thánh Gia; SMT Đinh Kim Nguyệt; SMP Nguyễn Bạch Thanh Trang; POC BTC Tr. Đinh Kim Nguyệt, email@example.com; TU Rev. Truyền Đình Nguyễn
- 3LD 013; Tiberia 13; July 17-21, 2019; Washington DC; SMT Hồ Tân Uyên; SMP Hoàng Huy; TU Rev. Bình Nguyễn, SVD; POC BTC Tr. Đào Văn Đức, firstname.lastname@example.org
- CI 0244; Xuất Hành 65; Jul 18-21, 2019; Sacramento, CA; LD Thánh Gia; SMT Đinh Kim Nguyệt; SMP Vũ Hiến Hoan; POC BTC Tr. Đinh Kim Nguyệt, email@example.com; TU Rev. Truyền Đình Nguyễn
- 2H 018; Xuất Hành 66; Jul 18-21, 2019; Sacramento, CA; LD Thánh Gia; SMT Đinh Kim Nguyệt; SMP Nguyễn Bạch Thanh Trang; POC BTC Tr. Đinh Kim Nguyệt, firstname.lastname@example.org; TU Rev. Truyền Đình Nguyễn
- TT 0068; Samaritano 68; Jul 20-21, 2019; Sacramento, CA; LD Thánh Gia; SMT Nguyễn Đình Mạnh Trường; SMP Tô Kim Nguyệt; POC BTC Tr. Đinh Kim Nguyệt, email@example.com; TU Rev. Truyền Đình Nguyễn
- CI 0242; Xuất Hành 30; Aug 1-4, 2019; OC, CA; LDNS; SMT Nguyễn James; SMP Teresa Tran; POC BTC Tr. Jimmy Lam-My, firstname.lastname@example.org; TU Rev. Giuse Trần Cao Thượng
- TT0072 | Samaritano 72 | Aug 9-11, 2019 | Sabillasville, MD | MTD | SMT Ngô Ngọc Hiếu | SMP Hồ Tân Uyên | BTC POC Tr. Nhung Nguyễn, email@example.com | TU Rev. Hoàng Sơn, OP
- CI 0247 | Ánh Lửa 28 | Aug 8-11, 2019 | Sabillasville, MD | MTD | SMT Ngô Ngọc Hiếu | SMP Đào Văn Đức | BTC POC Tr. Nhung Nguyễn, firstname.lastname@example.org | TU Rev. Hoàng Sơn, OP
- CI 0249 | Rạng Đông 42 | Aug 8-11, 2019 | Atlanta, GA | LDJoA | SMT Đinh Ngọc Nga | SMP Trần Đặng Duy | BTC POC Tr. Quân Trần, email@example.com | TU Rev. Nguyễn Trí2A 233 | Đuốc Hồng 12 | Aug 8-11, 2019 | Atlanta, GA | LDJoA | SMT Phạm Đình Minh Trung | SMP Vũ Khoa | BTC POC | Tr. Quân Trần, firstname.lastname@example.org | TU Rev. Nguyễn Trí
- CI 0248 | Dấn Thân 20 | Aug 8-11, 2019 | St. Louis, MO | MTR | SMT Trần Ngọc Nhi Teresa | SMP Nguyễn James | BTC POC Tr. Nghiệm Nguyễn, email@example.com | TU Rev. Trần Công Bằng, SVD'
- 2A 232 | Tin Yêu 17 | Aug 8-11, 2019 | St. Louis, MO | MTR | SMT Hoàng Công Quốc Huy | SMP Nguyễn Nghiệm | BTC POC Tr. Nghiệm Nguyễn, firstname.lastname@example.org | TU Rev. Trần Công Bằng, SVD
- Sinai 25 - SMHL HLVTC; August 13-18, 2019; Rosemead, CA; BCHTU; SMT Hoàng Công Thái Dương; SMP Đào Văn Đức; POC BTC email@example.com; TU Rev. Giuse Ngô Đình Thông, CSsR
- CI 0246 | Lửa Hồng 25 | Aug 30 - Sept 2, 2019 | Auburn, WA | MTB | SMT Nguyễn Thùy Nhã | SMP Ngô Ngọc Hiếu | BTC POC Tr. Thùy Nhã, firstname.lastname@example.org | TU Rev. Khôi Anh, SDD
- TT0071 | Samaritano 71 | Aug 31 - Sep 2, 2019 | Auburn, WA | MTB | SMT Nguyễn Khanh | SMP Hồ Tân Uyên | BTC POC Tr. Thùy Nhã, email@example.com | TU Rev. Khôi Anh, SDD
COMING SOON TO FUTURE TNTT BI-WEEKLY...
Announcement just around the corner....
- VEYM SNTT Initiative
- VEYM Heroes Initiative
- Financial Report
- Official Communication Channels and Promotion Process